- 7 Ways to Smile Your Way Through the Tokyo Marathon (or any run)
- February 19th, 2014
- My secret to surviving the Tokyo marathon last year was not finding the perfect pair of shoes, fuel, or training plan. All of these were important, as were proper hyd ...
Other latest articles from Playing in Japan
- Harajuku Thrift: Not Your Grandma’s Vintage… oh wait.
- September 27th, 2013
- If you’re coming to Tokyo, you’re going to shop. It’s part of the Tokyo experience. I recently stepped out to film a Tokyo Minute segment on vintage shopping in Haraj ...
Other latest articles from Category noun in Japan
- GPodding with Anthony: Modeling in Japan
- December 9th, 2013
- Download the Podcast | Follow on SoundCloud | Subscribe on iTunes This week’s GaijinPot podcast is a nice wrap up on the Modeling in Japan series. The articles go in ...
Other latest articles from Working in Japan
In Japan Living Information
- Tokugawa Art Museum and Garden
- February 19th, 2009Category: Travel
- The first known novel written anywhere in the world is The Tale of Genji, by Murasaki Shikibu. It's not known exactly when it was written but there is a reference to it in a diary dating from 1008AD making it at least 1000 years old. The Tokugawa Art Museum's main c ... » Continue Reading
- Nagoya Castle and Nagoya Noh Theater
- February 13th, 2009Category: Culture, Travel
- A necessary part of any Aichi based travel plan, Nagoya Castle was completed at the order of Tokugawa Ieyasu, the first Shogun, in 1612. The Tokugawa family came from this area and, despite Ieyasu making Edo (Tokyo) his capital, Nagoya Castle became the home of the ... » Continue Reading