OKWave & InterFM Questionnaire and Alphonse Mucha Exhibition

March 8th, 2013By Category: Arts & Entertainment

Japan’s first Q&A website OKWave, is teaming up with multi-language radio station InterFM to conduct a questionnaire for foreigners living in Tokyo.


The questionnaire is in relation to the “Tokyo City Information” program that is broadcast on InterFM and is open to any foreigner living, working or studying in Tokyo.

Furthermore, InterFM in partnership with “Alphonse Mucha: An Insight into the Artist” is offering participants a chance to win 1 of 100 tickets to the exhibition of renowned Czech Art Nouveau artist, Alphonse Mucha behing held at the Mori Arts Center Gallery in Roppongi Hills.

How to participate in the questionnaire.

Step 1: Log into “OKWaveありがとう” (OKWave Thank You) using you Facebook, Twitter or Google account.
Step 2: Answer 11 simple questions in English related to “Tokyo City Information” broadcast by InterFM.
Step 3: If you are selected for one of the free tickets you’ll receive an e-mail and be asked to provide your mailing information.
※We anticipate mailing the tickets near the end of March.

Click here to fill out the questionnaire.

Alphonse Mucha: An Insight into the Artist

March 9 to May 19 2013
Mori Arts Center Gallery (Roppongi Hills Mori Tower 52F)

The exhibition “Alphonse Mucha: An Insight into the Artist” is a major retrospective of the renowned Czech Art Nouveau artist Alphonse Mucha. It will feature over 240 works many which have never been shown in Japan before, as well as a wide range of oil paintings, studies, sketches, jewellery and posters from the Mucha family collection, including iconic posters of the legendary actress Sarah Bernhardt, for which the artist is widely acclaimed. The exhibition is organized in collaboration with the Mucha Foundation, represented by John Mucha, grandson of the artist.


About “OKWaveありがとう” multilingual community

OKWave is the founder of Japan’s first and the world’s longest running Q&A site. “OKWaveありがとう” (OKWave Thank You) is the 20 language multilingual social community provided by OKWave. In addition to posting questions and answers like a traditional Q&A site, users can post “Thank You episodes” and share positive experiences with other users from around the world. Users translate each other’s posts and overcome language differences through social translation. Interact with people from all over the world and get the information you need straight from the source without having to speak the local language.



About InterFM

InterFM dedicates 90% of its airtime on music manufactured and played worldwide with the remaining 10% dedicated to domestic J-pop selected in large part by the Music Director. Although English is used as the primary language, Public Service Announcements are also conducted in Mandarin Chinese, Korean Tagalog, Spanish and Portuguese to better serve the international community in Tokyo with occasional news and other information bits in Japanese for locals.



Author of this article

GaijinPot Partners

GaijinPot Partners offer sponsored articles about living and working in Japan.

This service is available to select businesses and organizations that are looking to increase their exposure to the foreign community in Japan.

For inquiries about becoming a Commercial Partner please click here.

Related articles that may interest you


Search the Largest English Job Board in Japan.

Find a Job Now!

Find Your
in Japan

10,000’s of properties available today!