The Tokyo Game Show may be loosing some of its shine and major game development heading west, but that doesn’t mean there still wasn’t plenty to see this year. In fact, organizer CESA has announced record attendance figures for this year’s event.
In four days, the show attracted 207,647 visitors, the first time in history that it has surpassed the 200,000 point and comes after last year recorded a significant dip in attendees.
For those not amongst the 207,647, we recount the major happenings from the Makahari Messe.
- Akihabara News has a video walk round of what it was like inside the hall
- Cosplay goes to a new chapter
- Not all cosplayers, however, are Japanese
- With one of the most talked-about appearances at the show, Microsoft now expects three million Kinect sales this holiday season.
- Idolmaster, DanceEvolution and Final Fantasy amongst the award winners
- Finally, GaijinPot contributor Steve Nagata has an awesome set of pics from the event, including plenty of booth babes (such as the one above)