This month’s easy to cook Japanese recipe is “kinoko gohan,” which is a quick and easy dish to make at home. This is one of our family favourites and is really tasty with all those great Japanese mushrooms like Enoki and Shitake.
Serves about 4 people.
- 2 cups short grain rice
- 2 cups dashi
- 1 tablespoon of sake
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 4 fresh shitake mushrooms
- 1 packet of enoki mushrooms
- 4 oyster mushrooms
- Ensure you know How to Prepare Japanese Rice.
- Place rice in saucepan.
- Add dashi, sake, soy sauce and mushrooms.
- Bring to the boil with the lid on and then simmer for 14 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and leave to rest with lid on for 5-10 minutes.
- Before serving, gently turn the rice over with a moistened rice paddle to allow excess moisture to escape as steam.